Hey, Are you facing a problem with resetting or changing wifi name & password??
Have you tried doing something to change wifi name??? Failed??
Don’t worry, Today I’m going to share you an awesome Guide on “How to Change Wifi Name & Password with Simple Steps”.
This is Really Cool. Right?
You should follow each & every step carefully in order to change wifi name and password.
This step by step procedure will clear all your doubts and make the process clean to change the wifi security password & username.
Without wasting the time let’s move on to the process….
Steps by Step procedure on How to Change Wifi Name and Password:
To change or reset wifi name and password we should follow 8 steps which are very important in the process. The 8 steps are as follows
- Turn On Your Wifi Router.
- Finding Router Ip.
- Open a Web Browser
- Enter Router Ip in Url Section
- Login to Router Network
- Select Your Router Name
- Look for the SSID Field
- Changing Wifi Name and Password
The process will be explained clearly with screenshots. So no need to worry. Just follow accordingly.
Now let’s look into the steps in detailed:
1) Turn on Your Wifi Router:
Make sure your Wifi Router is Turned On or Not.
- If Yes, Move to step 2.
- If No, Make sure to turn it On.
2) Finding Router Ip Address:
Here we should find our router IP address. We can find the router IP address in 4 ways.
- Go to Start
- Type “Command Prompt”
- Click on Command Prompt
- Enter “ipconfig” into Command Prompt
- Now, look at the next number to the “Default Gateway” Value under Wireless Lan Heading.
- Open Apple Menu,
- Click on System Preferences
- Then Network,
- Click on Advance,
- Then click on TCP/IP Tab
- Now, Look for the number right to Router.
- You can just refer to the routers manual to find the router IP address. or just search for the model number in Google.
- Just see the back side of the router to find the Router IP.
- Click on Routers name or
- Click on Settings option to view General Section option.
7) Look for the SSID Feild:
Now we should search for SSID Feild in Routers General section. It might be like “Network Name”, “SSID Name”, “Router name”, etc like this.
- The field will be set by default name. Just change the Wifi Name with your new name.
- Enter your New Password in the Password Feild.
- Click on Save.