It might quite frustrating if you are encountering the error discord not picking up mic. What to do in these situations? Then there is nothing to worry about, here we will provide you the methods that help you to fix the issue.
What is Discord? Discord is an online chat application that helps many of the users to have the live chat while they are playing, which means the users while they are playing can able to login in and start a conversation with their friends.
If you are the one who encountered the error, then in this article we will provide you the steps to fix the issue. So, please try to read this article till the end so that you might not be confused while performing the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue of discord not picking up the mic.
- 1 How to Fix the Discord Not Picking Up Mic
How to Fix the Discord Not Picking Up Mic
Most of the users had reported that they are encountering the issue of discord not detecting the mic while they are trying to connect. So that you might not hear what the other person is speaking.
Normally you might come across these microphone issues while you are using the VoIP applications. Usually, you are interested to play this music then this might be quite annoying. In this guide, we will provide you the simple steps that help you to fix the issue of discord not detecting mic.
Update your Audio Driver
Old or the corrupted driver might be the reason that causes the issue discord not detecting mic. So, updating the Audio driver might help you to fix the issue. But this process is involved with two methods. To do so follow the given below methods.
Update the Driver Manually
Head to the manufacturer’s website for both the audio card, where you can update the audio driver manually. There you have to search for the best and the latest driver. Now, here you should be aware of choosing the driver compatible with your windows.
Update the Driver Automatically
Instead of updating the audio driver manually, then you can go ahead with the update of the driver automatically. So, here we have provided you the steps to update the drivers automatically.
- On the taskbar, head to the search icon and click on it.
- Now, enter the device manager in the text field and then select the “Device Manager” from the given search list.
- Here, you have to select the “Search Automatically for the updated driver software”.
- Next, select the Update Driver.
- Moreover, if you didn’t found the new driver, then you can head to the device manager and there search for the one for your device and follow the instructions that are provided.
After updating your audio drivers then check if the issue discord not recognizing mic is working or not. If this doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then you can head to another troubleshooting method.
Re-set the Voice Settings
Still encountering this error even after updating the audio driver, then you have to perform resetting the voice settings. As the resetting, the voice settings might help you to fix the issue. Here we have provided you the steps to reset the voice settings.
- On the discord home screen, head to the “Settings”.
- Now, in settings click on the Voice & Video, and then you have to click on the “Reset Voice Settings”.
- Next, click on the “OK” button.
- After you have done with this. Then try to reconnect your microphone to your discord. Then try to send the voice messages to your friends on discord and check if the microphone works or not.
This method helps you to fix the issue. If this troubleshooting method doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then try to perform another troubleshooting method.
Exit Discord and Run it Again as Administrator
If the above methods don’t help you to fix the issue, then try to perform this troubleshooting method that helps you to fix the issue discord mic not working. So, here we had provided you the steps on how to rerun the discord as the administrator.
- On your windows taskbar, locate the Discord icon and right-click on it.
- But sometimes you need to be aware that the app will be hidden, so in such cases, you have to click on the “Show Hidden Icons” and then click on the “Quit Discord”.
- Now, right-click on your Discord icon located on your desktop and then select run as the administrator.
- Next, click on “Yes” when it is prompted by the User Account Control.
- Finally, to check whether the issue is fixed mic not working on discord, by sending the audio message on discord.
Disconnect the Audio from your Computer
To fix the issue try to disconnect the audio from your computer, as this might help help you to fix the issue. So, for this, you have to completely close the discord and unplug your audio from your Bluetooth. Moreover, you have to disconnect other audio devices that are connected to your PC.
Now, you need to wait for few seconds and again connect the audio device back to the computer. Next, launch the discord and then check if the issue discord not picking up mic is working or not.
Restart your Computer
For most of the computer encountering on your computer, then restarting the device might help you to fix the issue discord not picking up the mic. This method helps you to fix most of the problems that worthy troubleshoot method that you need to try as it clears the temporary cache that is stored on your device. Therefore, to do so follow the given below methods.
- Head to the windows at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Now click on the power icon located above it.
- From the list, click on the Restart option to reboot your system.
After restarting your PC, check if the issue discord not picking up mic is fixed or not.
These are worth trying troubleshooting methods if you are encountering the error discord not picking up mic. If you have any doubts about discord not detecting mic then let us know in the comment section. Stay tuned to Basictricks for more updates.