When you are using the discord, you might come across the error discord update failed loop. This might be quite annoying. Most of the users had reported that they are encountering errors like Discord Updated failed error, software not letting to launch, these are some of the errors that the users of the discord might come across.
Discord is one of the most popular applications that is used for communication and entertainment by gamers. This is supported on the Windows, Android, and Mac platforms.
If you are searching for the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue. In this article, we have provided you the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue discord update failed loop.
How to Fix Discord Update Failed Loop
As we have discussed above, you might come across the error discord update failed loop, when the discord updates the failed loop. So, here we have provided you the steps that help you to fix the issue update failed discord. Follow the given below methods to get rid of the error that you are encountering on the discord.
Run Discord as Administrator
Running the discord as the administrator is the simplest method that helps you to fix the error discord failing to update. Running the discord with the administration permissions might help you to fix the issue.
You must have to ensure that your local account should be the administrator. Or else you will need to access the administrator password. To do so follow the given below methods.
- Head to the Search icon located on the taskbar.
- Now, enter “discord” in the search text field and look for it.
- From the appropriate list, locate the Discord, right-click on it, and select run as the Administrator from the context menu that is shown up.
- It might be prompted by the User Account Control, then you have to click on Yes if you would like to run the Discord and make then make the changes. This process is required to update the application.
If this process doesn’t help you to fix the error, then you can try another troubleshooting method that helps you to fix the issue.
Renaming the Update .exe file
With the help of the Update .exe file, the discord troubleshooter will identify the issue discord failing to update. Therefore, it is suggested to rename the update.exe file to help you to update the Discord to the latest release.
- Press the “Windows + R” buttons simultaneously to open the Run button.
- Now, enter the “C:\Users\Username\AppData” in the given text field of the run box.
- Here, with the local account user name you have to make sure to replace the Username.
- Alternatively, you have to launch the File Explorer then head to the following location “This PC → C: → Users → Username → AppData”.
- Next, head to the local folder, and find the discord folder and open it.
- In the list find the Update.exe file and right-click on it and select rename to change the name.
- Now, rename it as UpdateX.exe and it should be case sensitive.
- Again launch the discord as the administrator by following the above guide.
Windows Defender be Disable
Sometimes, there might be a conflict between the windows default anti-virus with discord updates. This tends to cause the issue. So, in such cases, you have to disable the windows defender on your device. There we have provided you the steps to disable the windows defender on your device. Follow the given below steps to do so.
- Press “Windows + I” simultaneously to open the settings window.
- Now, click on the tab “Update & Security”.
- Then, head to the Windows Security > Viru & Threat > Manage Settings options in the sequence as we mentioned.
- Now, you have to toggle off the Real-time protection. Where this option will disable the windows defender.
After, you have disabled the windows defender, try to launch the discord as an administrator and then check if the error is fixed or not.
Disable AntiVirus Temporarily
The antivirus on your device might cause issues that block the applications and the services that run on your device and also by interfering with the internet connection. Sometimes, running the anti-virus might cause the issue discord won’t update. Therefore, disabling the anti-virus might help you to fix this issue.
- Hover on the taskbar, right-click on it and choose the task manager.
- Click on the “Mode details” button and expand it, if you have launched the Task Manager in the compact mode.
- Now, using the header menu which is situated at the top of the screen, to switch to the start-up tab.
- From the given list locate the anti-virus application and then click on it.
- Next, you have to disable the enabled button located at the bottom-right corner of the window. There this will disable the application when you are starting the device.
When you have done with this, restart your device and check if the application is launched then launch the discord as the administrator and check if the error is fixed or not.
Uninstall and Install the Discord
If none of the methods help you to fix the error, then try to reinstall the discord on your device. Therefore, to do so follow the given below steps to do so.
- Uninstall the discord app, Press the “Windows + I” buttons simultaneously to open the settings window.
- Now, click on the Apps.
- From the given program list find the Discord and click on it and select the uninstall option.
- It will again ask for your confirmation to uninstall the discord, then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, press the “Windows + R” to open the run window.
- Then type “%appdata%” in the given text field and then click on the OK button.
- Next, you will be head to the App Data Folder.
- Locate you have to locate the Discord folder, select it and right-click on this application and choose the delete option to delete the discord application.
- Install the Discord application by visiting the official site of the discord and there choose the recent version and download it.
After done with the installation, launch the app and check if the issue is discord update failed loop is fixed or not.
We hope any of the methods that we provided in this article might help you to fix the issue discord update failed loop. Let us know in the comment section if you have any doubts regarding the issue of discord failing to update. Stay tuned to Basictricks for more updates.