You might come across the error how to fix error 0xc004f050 windows 10, while you are activating your windows. Then if you have come across this error in this article we will provide you the steps on how to get rid of this error code.
What is error code 0xc004f050? Normally, you might come across this error 0xc004f050, when you are activating the windows using the Windows activation wizard. The error code 0xc004f050 specifies “The error code you entered don’t work. Check the product key and then try again or enter the different one(0xc004f050).
Well, there is nothing to worry about if you have any doubts regarding the error code 0xc004f050, then in this article, we will provide you the simple and easy steps. Try the methods that we have mentioned as these methods help you fix the error.
Causes of this Error 0xc004f050
You might be wonder what are the causes of this error code 0xc004f050, then here we have provided you the some of the reasons that cause this issue. So, check out those causes that we have provided.
- Most of the time, the invalid product key might be one of the reasons that cause the error code.
- If the license validity interval has expired or even when you are not correctly signing with the license might cause this error.
- If something is missing in the critical system files or when your system becomes unstable then you might come across the error.
- Even improper installation of the files and the deletion or the misconfiguration of some of the system files might cause the issue 0xc004f050 on windows10.
- In some cases, the clean installation of windows10 on your windows will delete all the files from your primary drive, and even after the installation of the windows, it is unable to find the ID of the hardware which is utilized by the license.
- If you have entered the key for the beta version of your operating system, on your windows 7, windows server 2008, and windows vista Vista-based computers then you might come across the error how to fix error 0xc004f050 Windows 10 when you have used the version related to the operating system.
The above-mentioned are some of the causes that encounter the issue error code 0xc004f050 that you usually encountered on your Windows 10.
How to Fix the Error 0xc004f050 Windows 10
Here we have provided you the error code 0xc004f050 that you are encountering. So try the steps that we have mentioned to fix the issue 0xc004f050 on your device.
Run the Activation Troubleshooter
You can even run the activation troubleshooter to get rid of the error windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 fix. Then to run the activation troubleshooter you have to follow the given below steps.
- Head to the activation code tab.
- Then, click on the “Troubleshooting” option.
- After this, the windows will detect the activation problems if any, and then fix them.
After running the activation troubleshooter then check if the windows 10 product key is resolved or not. If not you can try the other troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue.
Try the Automated Telephone System for activation of Windows10
As we discussed above, activation of windows10 might cause the issue, how to fix error 0xc004f050 windows 10 and you should have the legal license. So, in such cases, you should have activated the windows10 with the help of the telephone system. Therefore, to do so follow the given below methods.
- Press the “Windows + R” button simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Now, enter the “SLUI” in the given text field and then click on it.
- Here, you have to choose your country and the region.
- To reach the Microsoft activation center, you have to call the number that you have provided and also offer the ID of your installation.
- Next, to confirm your windows activation, you have to offer your confirmation ID.
With this method, you can able to get rid of the error on how to fix error 0xc004f050 windows 10. If this doesn’t help you fix the error, you can head to another troubleshooting method.
Re-insert Product Key
Reinserting the product key might help you to fix the issue of how to fix error 0xc004f050 windows10. Here we have provided you the methods that help you to fix the issue.
- Head to the Start button i.e., the windows icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- No click on the settings. and then to the “Update & Security”.
- Now, under the activation window, you need to change the Product key.
- Now, you have to change the product key, in the section windows activation.
- If it asks for the administration tool, then you need to enter the password and then click on “Continue”.
- Next, you need to type the product key, in the box of the product key and then you have to click on “Next”.
- At last, to complete the activation process you have to follow the process in the windows activation wizard.
After you have re-inserted the product key, then you have to check if the issue is resolved or not, or else you can try another method to fix the issue
After Updating Try the Clean installation
After updating windows 10 on your device, you need to do the clean installation from your windows7, or on your windows8 to get rid of this error 0xc004f050.
Moreover, after the successful update, the Microsoft server will automatically switch to the 10 if you are using the genuine windows 7 or the window 8. Therefore, this will be labeled as the named as the genuine and will be automatic. Now, you can try the clean installation.
Note: Be aware that you have to backup all your files and before you are doing the installation of the operating system. This process will delete all your files.
So, hopefully, the above-provided methods in the article might help you to fix the issue of how to fix error 0xc004f050 windows 10. If you have any doubts regarding the issues windows 10 product key, then let us know in the comment section. Stay tuned to Basictricks for more updates.