Windows Server: Networks are considered to be the backbone of all types of organizations and industries. These networks bridge the gap between consumers and services, resources and users, etc. Behind a successful network, there is novel technology, advanced hardware, and a stable infrastructure overall.
Along with these key elements, the software is a major building block of a network. The operating system that is run within these networks and servers carry a huge workload in optimizing the functionality between the hardware and software components.
Windows Server is one of the world’s most popular operating system software introduced by Microsoft. Due to this usage, enterprises are seeking out individuals with the skills and credentials to handle Windows Server.
Reasons to get certified by Microsoft
Examcollection Microsoft’s line of certification supplies talented and experienced professionals to the industry to meet the soaring market demand. Below are a few reasons why you too should get your skills verified by Microsoft:
- Microsoft has already established its name at the highest level in the tech industry. Its products and services have become influential for the fluent running and success of enterprises. Hence there’s already trust by potential employers for Microsoft and individuals accredited by Microsoft.
- Access to a wide range of training options and learning materials. Every certification program issued by Microsoft is backed up by an extensive course and effective set of learning materials.
- Higher salaries than peers: an MCSA certified professional with is found to earn about $74,000 annually.
- Aim higher – reach further. Some of the big names that use Windows Server are Malaysia Airlines, Altair, Alaska Airlines, Smithfield, Capstone, etc. In this article, we’ll focus on the MCSA Windows Server 2012 credential and the process of getting it. Earning this certification will open numeral opportunities at the topmost level in your field.
MCSA Windows Server 2012
This certification evaluates the candidate’s ability to utilize Windows Server 2012 effectively to reduce IT costs and generate business value. The main job positions that require these skills include network administrators, IT specialists, and systems administrators. Once you’ve successfully attained this certification you will be eligible to apply for MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert): Core Infrastructure to further upgrade your skillset.
So, let’s move to the MCSA Windows Server 2012 certification. You are required to pass all three of the following exams to obtain this credential:
- 70-411 – is all about installing and configuring Windows Server 2012
- 70-411 – deals with administering Windows Server 2012
- 70-412 – refers to configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012
As mentioned above, 70-411 is one exam out of a series of three that you have to pass to acquire the MCSA: Windows Server 2012. Currently, it is available for $165. This test will measure your skills in installing and configuring Windows Server 2012. As of 2014, the exam includes content covering Windows Server 2012 R2.
The fundamental areas that you need to focus on for the exam are:
- Install and configure servers (15–20%)
- Configure server roles and features (15–20%)
- Display and construct Hyper-V (15–20%)
- Deploy and configure core network services (15–20%)
- Administer and install Active Directory (15–20%)
- Create and manage Group Policy (15–20%)
The percentages at the end of each topic will give you an idea of how many questions you can expect from each of these sections at the exam.
Upon completion of the exam, you will get to know your grade in a couple of minutes, i.e., whether you Pass or Fail, and later you will also receive a detailed scorecard indicating your performance at each of the sections listed above.
How to prepare effectively for the 70-411
Your score will be a reflection of the amount of preparation and commitment you put into the exam. So engaging with the best and up-to-date materials while using online tools facilities will help to boost your performance during the exam. Enjoy a few tips that could come in handy during your 70-411preparation:
- Take the 20-410D 5-day training course offered by Microsoft to get a firm grasp of the exam content. Conducted by the best and most experienced instructors in the field, it will boost your skillset to the professional level.
- Watch and study by Microsoft Certification Video PREP Talk.
- Try yourself with seven modules of the Windows Server 2012 Introductory Course.
- Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2. This is the official Microsoft publication containing lessons, exercises, and suggested practices for the exam with great reviews from test-takers.
- PrepAway Practice Tests: a platform that offers a wide collection of the most updated exam dumps. The dumps include a set of questions and answers for certification exams including 70-411 which are verified by IT experts. All the exam challenges can be simulated through a test engine allowing users to get the experience of a real exam situation. The interface, exam structure, and format are all identical to the real test hence it is beneficial for time management, pressure reduction, and productivity.
- Microsoft forum: stay informed about the latest changes to the exam and advanced technologies related to your field of study.
Enterprises rely heavily on the functions of networks. Behind these sophisticated and powerful computer systems, there is a team of highly skilled and qualified personal making sure everything runs smoothly. The demand for talented individuals is increasing with the rising number of companies competing to facilitate networks.
Benefit from acquiring the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certificate on your portfolio! Getting certified by Microsoft isn’t easy but you can successfully pass the 70-411 hurdle by using excellent online tools and the latest practice material.